<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/380101349911958424?origin\x3dhttp://ham-tots.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, January 22, 201010:18 AM

Minnie Within A Garden Of Roses And Hearts



Completed overnight, spent approximately $40 bucks to buy the materials, where some of which are what I have at home. Now I understand why this kinda thing could be sold over $100. It's the materials plus workmanship. >.<

I was deciding between getting a new leather pouch or go for the Gmask wrap for my iPhone. Went to Gmask twice and was unable to decide which design should I go with the wrapping. Nothing there "took my breath away", none appeals to me. Those friends that went with me those two time gave me the same advice; that is, not to make a hasty decision. And twice, I took that advice quite reluctantly.

While shopping at Far East Plaza after class, with Harn, brought me surprises, and inspiration.

It was there I saw the "BLINGS" decorated iPhone cover. Wanted to buy, but was shocked by the price and hence, I decided to DIY my own. Since, I know where to buy the materials needed. Ideas started forming with suggestions from Harn. Hello Kitty, Minnie Mouse, or Pooh base theme? Flowers, hearts, ribbons, rhinestones? No, I can't decide, not the theme nor the decos. Being really anxious and excited to get starting, I dragged Harrn to look for the shop that sells such DIY stuffs. Because I can't really remember where that particular store I was looking, was located, had to call XF, where she didn't pick up, and walk rounds before finding it. In there, I flipped through jap mags, browse the shelves and finally bought only two items. -.- Because I think I can find more stuffs at Chinatown, especially the rhinestones which would cost less over there.

As it was late in the evening, we decided to have dinner over at FEP before heading down to Chinatown. While we're searching for food to eat, we came by this store which sells lots more 3D items which I could use for the decos. But I left without buying any, because, it either looks fake or clashes with my theme. Yes, by then I've decided that I would do a Minnie Mouse theme. Thanks to the mags. I saw some using those acrylic powders I have for nailarts, showed Harn, and it reminded us of the Mickey Mouse I did previously. =D So it's decide that the theme is going to be white and pink, with a flowers, hearts, and ribbons and of course, Minnie. :)

The rest, is history. hahah. Not quite.

Shopped at Chinatown for the rhinestones and more stuffs to paste on for deco. And went looking for the most important material; the plastic cover! Harn, told me that an white opaque cover will be much more preferable because of how the phone is black and so if the cover is transparent, which is what I first thought of and used eventually due to circumstances, and if the placing of rhinestones is not well done there will be hole, where one can then see the black of the phone itself. Ugly sight. After some thought, I agreed with him, and we set out looking for the white opaque cover. But there's isn't any store there that sells it. Actually there's one but it's wayyyy too expensive and out of budget for me :( And I'm anxious to get the project started and completed overnight. So, I settled with my initial plan, and used a transparent one.

And here it is.

Minnie Within A Garden Of Roses And Hearts ;)

Hugs&Kisses,
Jessie
Y






blog.mistress

Jessie
29061988
Bears, Bags & Shoes Lover Hamster Fanatic
Loves pretty nails & dolling up. Person closest to heart; Harn

pets.ham

Tenten
Breed Sapphire Winter White DOB 02 Aug 08

Tess
Breed Sapphire Winter White DOB 02 Aug 08

Cady
Breed Syrian
DOB 27 Sept 08

*DOB is the date I brought them home, since I don't know their exact DOB.*

tweets


.... wiggies

For me:
Agnes B Signature Tote bag medium
Aldo Heels (Pruzany)
Canon Ixus80/85
CHI Ceramic Flat Iron (1")
Coach Heritage Stripe Multifunction Tote
Coach Leather Julianne
Disney panorama puzzle
Fendi Spy Bag
iPod touch
Laptop
Guess Watch
Havianas Silm (anything blue)
Hermes Birkin
Hot Tools Professional Spring Curling Iron (1-1/4")
Iphone 3GS 32GB (Black)
Kate Spade Union Square Opus (Black)
Lancome Miracle perfume
Lanvin Eclat D Arpege perfume
Longchamp Le Pliage (Chocolate/Red)
LV Monogram Vernis Bellevue GM
LV Monogram Vernis Koala Wallet (Pomme d'amour)
NaRaYa Bag
Yoga Class

Holiday Places wanna go:
Bali, Indonesia
Paris, France
Hokkaido, Japan
New Zealand
Perth, Australia
Venice, Italy
San Antonio, Texas, USA
California, USA
Hongkong
Taiwan

.... squeaks


.... stories

October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010


.... straws

DashingBlue
fra-lala
Hamster Hideout
rei
tollyjoy
rei
Rongwen
ooo
Smokey's Hideout